A cancellation deed is a legal document that extinguishes any rights the buyer of a property may have had to it. It cancels the property transfer that had taken place from the buyer to the seller. The cancellation deed must be signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Contents of a cancellation deed
- Date of cancellation
- Name, age, and address of first and the second party
- Statement of cancellation- This refers to the statement which declares that the first party has paid back the consideration with interest mentioned in the sale deed, which is acknowledged by the second party;
- Description/specifications of the property;
- Signatures of the transacting parties;
- Names and signatures of the witnesses.
How to register a cancellation deed in Thane online
Property buyers Thane can pay the stamp duty and registration fee online through the GRAS portal.
- Go to https://gras.mahakosh.gov.in/igr/frmIndex.php. You can either create an account on the portal or proceed through the Pay Without Registration option.
- Once you click on the 'Pay Without Registration' button, the portal will take you to the next page where you can choose the type of user, and the payments you want to make. Individual property buyers should choose ‘Citizen’. The e-GRAS portal allows you to pay stamp duty and registration fees together.
The next page will open up a form. The form has seven parts.
1. Department details: Choose the district and sub-registrar office in whose jurisdiction your property is located. Choose the article code 25.4 Cancellation of Sale Deed
2. Payment details: Under payment details. Specify the stamp duty and registration fee you must pay.
3. First party details and Second party details:: Enter the name, PAN, and mobile number of the buyer and the name and PAN of the seller
4. Property details: Enter flat/survey number in case of a plot, locality or road, area/city, and pincode of the property.
5. Property value details: The market value of the property and consideration amount which is the amount you actually paid to the seller.
6. Payment mode: choose the mode of payment from the given options
Photo by Parth Savani on Unsplash
At TEAL, we are building the next generation of property due diligence using big data analytics and machine learning. We provide reliable information about property ownership, registration status, disputes, tax compliance history and all other information that you will need to make a safe and secure property investment. To learn how TEAL can help you in your journey, visit tealindia.in.